Converting Your Existing Fixed Camera System to the TribuCast® Remote Attendance System™
The following is a step-by-step guide on how to convert your existing fixed camera system to work with the TribuCast® Remote Attendance System™. NOTE: Unlike some camera systems which requires special hardware and a separate and custom network outside of your organization’s managed network, TribuCast works within your existing networking system and in most cases works entirely with existing equipment.
To get started, please register your location on the TribuCast website at www.tribucast.com/memorials (registration is free). If your location is part of a large regional or national group please contact TribuCast after your register at either (800) 782-0104 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know. Larger groups often have specific security and setup requirements TribuCast is already familiar with and they can help you.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact TribuCast® at (800) 782-0104. TribuCast® Advisors are available to answer questions, assist with technical issues and monitor your tribucasts for video and audio quality.
The following steps will be followed by the SCI IT Support Team after you’ve registered on TribuCast.com and your HEAT ticket has been accepted:
To start, download and install OBS Studio on the PC you normally use to access your existing cameras. OBS Studio is free and can be found HERE: (//obsproject.com/download)
- Optimize for streaming when prompted and accept the default Video Settings by clicking “Next” (NOTE: If this is not your first time installing OBS Studio at this location and you are configuring OBS Studio on an additional PC or User Account using Exported Profile and Scene configurations you can click Cancel at this point then follow the Import portion of the TribuCast OBS Studio Export/Import Configuration Instructions found under NOTES at the bottom of this page.)
- When prompted for Stream information choose “Custom” from the drop-down menu and in the server field enter rtmp://bintu-stream.nanocosmos.de:1935/rec [NOTE: some networks will require you to use 80 instead of 1935].
- The TribuCast® Stream Security Code you get for each service will be entered into the “Stream Key” field for each service (You can contact TribuCast for a temporary code for setup-testing purposes).
- The system will run a bandwidth test. Click Yes and once completed, click Apply Settings
- Optimize OBS Studio to broadcast using TribuCast®
- Click on Settings in the bottom-right menu
- Click on Output and change the “Output Mode” to “Advanced”Click Rescale Output and set to “852×480”
- Set “Rate Control” to “VBR” and “Bitrate” to 1500
- Leave all other settings as they are and Click Apply
- Click the “+” in Sources to add your existing camera/cameras
- Click onVideo Capture Device
- Click on Create New and OK (it should automatically find your existing cameras if they were previously configured properly). Click OK again
- If your camera isn’t found using this method, it may be possible to use NDI or your camera’s RTSP URL. To find your camera’s RTSP URL simply google “[your camera name & model] RTSP URL” NOTE: you will need to know the ip address of your camera as well as it’s login credentials. To confirm your camera’s ip address and credentials are correct, type the ip address into the address bar of your web browser. If the ip address is correct you will be presented with a login page to access it.
- The common RTSP URL for OneRoom’s Axis cameras is rtsp://<ip address of camera>/axis-media/media.amp
- The RTSP URL for Huddlecam’s newest Simple Track Lite camera is rtsp://<ip address of camera>:554/main.h264 (though you should try NDI first). To use NDI, make sure NDI is enabled on your camera then click the “+” under Sources and choose the NDI source option. If configured properly the NDI camera will be visible when you click on the down arrow next to Source name. Choose the camera and click “OK”.
- You will now see what your camera sees displayed in a box outlined in red in the upper left corner of a larger black box. You can rescale and position your image by “right clicking” on the image with your mouse and selecting “Transform” and then rescaling/resizing the image to fit the broadcast window
- Next, plug your audio source into the mic input port on your PC (if you are using an IP camera it is preferable to plug the audio source directly into the back of the camera)
- Click Start Streaming to start your service and Stop Streaming to stop it
- You’ll find OBS Studio will also allow you to include videos and slideshows in your broadcast
Purchase and Personalize a new TribuCast:
- Create an Account/Log into the TribuCast system at tribucast.com/memorials and click on “New TribuCast” or the “Set Up New TribuCast” button. Enter the service details and pay for the TribuCast using the PayPal secure payment site. If your password is lost or forgotten, please contact TribuCast at (800) 782-0104 to have it reset.
- Personalization is your value add: TribuCast creates a private online environment that closely matches the in-person experience enabling all loved ones to grieve effectively. For ideas on what to include, click on the information buttons or contact a TribuCast Advisor at (800) 782-0104 for assistance. You can make changes at any time by clicking on the “Edit A TribuCast” button.
- Make note of the Stream Security Code. This gets entered into OBS Studio and connects your camera to the family’s private TribuCast website for the service.
- Make note of the Distribution Link. This is given to the family so they can access their private TribuCast website to attend the service remotely.
Open the OBS Studio application on the computer you use to make Remote Attendance possible by clicking on the icon in the task bar at the bottom of your computer screen
- In the Controls box that appears, click on Settings and then click on Stream
- Enter the Stream Security Code you were given when you purchased your new TribuCast in the TribuCast system in the Stream Key field in OBS Studio then click APPLY and OK.
- Click Start Streaming in the Controls box to start and Stop Streaming to stop.
- Once the TribuCast is complete, click the Video on Demand (VOD) button in the TribuCast system for the TribuCast you just completed. This allows people to watch the service again or at a later time (see below). Your TribuCast Advisor can do this for you. TribuCasts stay active 90 days. During this time, the service portion can be downloaded for free. If the family would like a copy of the entire TribuCast, including the interactive touchpoints, you can purchase it on a personalized USB drive enclosed in a decorative box by clicking the “Buy Now” button.
Issues are rare, but should something arise, check these simple problems and resolutions:
|Broadcast fails to go LIVE when Start Streaming button is clicked in OBS Studio Controls window.
|Broadcast buffers and/or stops