Upgrading Your DignityNet Webcasting System to the TribuCast® Remote Attendance System™
The following is a step-by-step guide on how to upgrade your existing DignityNet webcasting system to the TribuCast® Remote Attendance System™. If you have any questions or issues, please contact TribuCast® at (800) 782-0104. TribuCast® Advisors are available to answer questions, assist with technical issues and monitor your tribucasts for video and audio quality.
To start, download OBS Studio onto the PC you normally use for webcasting. It is free and can be found HERE: (//obsproject.com/download)
- Optimize for streaming when prompted and accept the default Video Settings by clicking “Next” (NOTE: If this is not your first time installing OBS Studio at this location and you are configuring OBS Studio on an additional PC or User Account using Exported Profile and Scene configurations you can click Cancel at this point then follow the Import portion of the TribuCast OBS Studio Export/Import Configuration Instructions found under NOTES at the bottom of this page.)
- When prompted for Stream information choose “Custom” from the drop-down menu and in the server field enter rtmp://bintu-stream.nanocosmos.de:1935/rec [NOTE: some networks will require you to use 80 instead of 1935].
- The TribuCast® Stream Security Code you get for each service will be entered into the “Stream Key” field for each service (You can contact TribuCast for a temporary code for setup-testing purposes).
- The system will run a bandwidth test. Click Yes and once completed, click Apply Settings
- Optimize OBS Studio to broadcast using TribuCast®
- Click on Settings in the bottom-right menu
- Click on Output and change the “Output Mode” to “Advanced”
- Click Rescale Output and set to “852×480”
- Set “Rate Control” to “VBR” and “Bitrate” to 1500
- Leave all other settings as they are and Click Apply
- Click the “+” in Sources to add your existing camera/cameras
- Click on Video Capture Device
- Click on Create New and OK (it should automatically find your existing cameras if they were previously configured properly). Click OK again
- If your camera isn’t found using this method, it may be possible to use NDI or your camera’s RTSP URL. To find your camera’s RTSP URL simply google “[your camera name & model] RTSP URL”
- The common RTSP URL for OneRoom’s Axis cameras is rtsp://<ip address of camera>/axis-media/media.amp
- The RTSP URL for Huddlecam’s newest Simple Track Lite camera is rtsp://<ip address of camera>:554/main.h264 (though you should try NDI first). To use NDI, make sure NDI is enabled on your camera then click the “+” under Sources and choose the NDI source option. If configured properly the NDI camera will be visible when you click on the down arrow next to Source name. Choose the camera and click “OK”.
- You will now see what your camera sees displayed in a box outlined in red in the upper left corner of a larger black box. You can rescale and position your image by “right clicking” on the image with your mouse and selecting “Transform” and then rescaling/resizing the image to fit the broadcast window
- Next, plug your audio source into the mic input port on your PC (if you are using an IP camera it is preferable to plug the audio source directly into the back of the camera)
- Click Start Streaming to start your service and Stop Streaming to stop it
- You’ll find OBS Studio will also allow you to include videos and slideshows in your broadcast
If you wish to install OBS Studio on multiple PCs and/or multiple user accounts on the same PC using the same settings, use the Profile Export/Import and Scene Collection Export/Import functions to save time:
TribuCast OBS Studio Export/Import Configuration Instructions
Use these instructions for Exporting OBS Studio Profile and Scene configurations for use on additional PCs and with additional User Accounts on existing PCs.
After confirming OBS Studio is correctly configured on the PC and User Account you are working from:
- click Profile in the top menu, note that “Untitled” is checked and rename it TribuCast Profile Settings
- Click “Export” which will create and save a folder named TribuCast Profile Settings in a location you specify. Choose a folder location on a USB drive or network drive accessible by the next pc you wish to configure and click “Select Folder”
- Under the Scenes menu in the bottom left corner of OBS “right click” on the word “Scene” and rename it “TribuCast Scene Settings”
- Make sure the sources you want to transfer to the next PC are accurately represented under Sources in the menu to the right of Scenes
- Click “Scene Collection” on the menu at the top of the screen and confirm TribuCast Scene Settings is checked then click Export and export a file named TribuCastSceneSettings.json to the same folder location you saved the TribuCast Profile Settings folder.
Go to the pc you wish to configure using the settings you’ve just Exported and saved and install/open OBS Studio. Click Cancel when asked if you are optimizing for streaming. Do not worry about configuring any specific settings, streaming or camera sources. This process will automatically import the settings from the previous pc.
- Click “Profile” on the OBS Studio top menu and select Import.
- Find the USB drive or network drive location where you saved the TribuCast Profile Settings folder and select it then click “Select Folder”. This will import the profile settings from the previous pc in to the one you are now working on.
- Go back into the Profile menu and select TribuCast Profile Settings to activate it
- Click “Scene Collection” on the OBS Studio top menu and select Import
- By clicking the three dots to the right of the “Collection Path” field, find the USB drive or network location where you saved the TribuCastSceneSettings.json file, highlight it and click “Open” then click “Import”
- Go back into the Scene Collection menu and make sure the TribuCast Scene Settings option is checked.
- You should now see all your cameras and your instance of OBS Studio should be configured.
NOTE: If you are using Overlays or accessing additional media assets such as videos or music, they will either need to be stored on a common network path that each user and pc can access, or they will need to be added to each User Account and PC manually.
Purchase and Personalize a new TribuCast:
- Log into the TribuCast system at tribucast.com/memorials and click on “New TribuCast” or the “Set Up New TribuCast” button. Enter the service details and pay for the TribuCast using the PayPal secure payment site. If your password is lost or forgotten, please contact TribuCast at (800) 782-0104 to have it reset.
- Personalization is your value add: TribuCast creates a private online environment that closely matches the in-person experience enabling all loved ones to grieve effectively. For ideas on what to include, click on the information buttons or contact a TribuCast Advisor at (800) 782-0104 for assistance. You can make changes at any time by clicking on the “Edit A TribuCast” button.
- Make note of the Stream Security Code. This gets entered into OBS Studio and connects your camera to the family’s private TribuCast website for the service.
- Make note of the Distribution Link. This is given to the family so they can access their private TribuCast website to attend the service remotely.
- Open the OBS Studio application on the computer you use to make Remote Attendance possible by clicking on the icon in the task bar at the bottom of your computer screen.
- In the Controls box that appears, click on Settings and then click on Stream
- Enter the Stream Security Code you were given when you purchased your new TribuCast in the TribuCast system in the Stream Key field in OBS Studio then click Apply and OK.
- Click Start Streaming in the Controls box to start and Stop Streaming to stop.
- Once the TribuCast is complete, click the Video on Demand (VOD) button in the TribuCast system for the TribuCast you just completed. This allows people to watch the service again or at a later time (see below). Your TribuCast Advisor can do this for you. TribuCasts stay active 90 days. During this time, the service portion can be downloaded for free. If the family would like a copy of the entire TribuCast, including the interactive touchpoints, you can purchase it on a personalized USB drive enclosed in a decorative box by clicking the “Buy Now” button.
Issues are rare, but should something arise, check these simple problems and resolutions:
|Broadcast fails to go LIVE when Start Streaming button is clicked in OBS Studio Controls window.
|Broadcast buffers and/or stops